
I was unpacking my bag last night, ready to charge my devices. Then I found out I could not find the small black bag that contained my laptop charger. Asked Renz if it's in his car. Not there. So I went to sleep, hoping to wake up early to retrace my steps late afternoon yesterday. In my head, I was already calculating the cost of buying a new Mac charger. [Not cheap.] Woke up very early, a miracle for a someone who is not a morning person. Emptied my bag one more time, hoping that the charger is just in some weird spot hiding. It's not there. Went out and went back to the last classroom I was in, hoping to catch the janitor who I was sure would be cleaning the premises for morning classes. Janitor was very helpful, but it's not there. Went back to the last restaurant I was in where I ate an early dinner before catching Spider-Man. [Is it in the theater?] Finally, it was there, in the resto! Apparently, the small black bag fell to the floor without me noticing. [Sigh of relief.]
Moral lesson: I was able to sleep well because my laptop was dead.
Also, I'm glad Dumaguete is small enough to allow this adventure of retracing our steps to find lost things.
No comments:
Post a Comment