header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

entry arrow1:08 AM | What Books to Buy If You Had P5,000 to Spend in the National Bookstore?

Oh. I was recently a finalist for Philippine Star and National Bookstore's "My Favorite Book" essay competition. Wrote something on the stories of Gregorio Brillantes. Got a cellphone, some cash, and gift checks worth P5,000 for book shopping. Of course, you'd think that last one is heaven-sent for any rabid bibliophile like me. Surprisingly, it's not. It's sheer agony. When I first won the weekly contest, it took me three days, a lot of misgivings and indecisive cha-chas, and treks to various National Bookstore branches in Greenbelt (and some other mall in Cebu City) to finally get my P5,000 worth of readables. Didn't find any titles I wanted to buy. Had to settle for second choices. And never believed I made the right choices anyway.

And here's that chance, once again.

But really, I'm not complaining. Hehehe.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS