header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

entry arrow1:03 AM | A Glimpse Into the Coming Cultural Season in Dumaguete

This has been keeping me busy for the past few days, among other things that are arresting my full attention (to the point that I barely get enough sleep, and sometimes forget to eat). I've been helping iron out the details of Silliman University's upcoming cultural season, together with the members (24-strong) of the Cultural Affairs Committee working directly under our wonderful (and very hard-working) cultural officer, Dr. Elizabeth Susan Vista-Suarez. But I like helping out program the entire cultural season -- and I get to do what I like doing best: designing the publicity materials, such as the posters and streamers.



I'm already quite excited to see these upcoming shows, most of which will be held at the newly-refurbished Claire Isabel McGill Luce Auditorium. What's not to be excited about these? Consider the line-up. Actor's Actors' Art. Ballet Manila's Pinocchio. Cinemalaya. Violinist Jay Cayuca, in a return engagement. The Loboc Children's Choir. The Manila Symphony Orchestra, in another return engagement. PETA's Batang Rizal and Mga Kuwento ni Lola Basyang. The Silliman Piano Festival with Ingrid Sala Santamaria, Rudolf Golez, and Leonor Kilayco. Repertory Philippines' Tuesdays with Morrie. The University of the East Chorale. The 2009 Valentine Songwriting Competition.






And I'm not even including here the art exhibits and the lectures we will be having. It's going to be an exciting cultural season. Please take note that the posters above are not final yet -- some of the dates have yet to be finalized, and there are details we need to iron out first.

Labels: , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS