header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

entry arrow7:30 AM | To Mom Edith Lopez Tiempo on Her 90th Birthday



I remember taking this photo of you in 2000, in Bacong, at the height of a May summer, when I was just beginning to write. "Capture me in the afternoon light," you told me, as we moved from the interiors of the house we were in to the garden. I remember that afternoon well, how gracious you were. Later, you were telling me the story of your life because I asked. I was enthralled, of course, and I think: your life is poetry of the highest order. Thanks for sharing it with us, all your writing children. Happy birthday.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS