header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Saturday, July 25, 2009

entry arrow3:06 PM | Ang Lihim ng Pirata



A funny thing happened while we -- Jay, Mark, and I -- were drinking vodka calamansi slush in a cafe off Timog in Quezon City late last Monday night. A video pirate/hawker happened by. "Sir, bili kayo. May bagong titles," he said. Soused on vodka and without thinking, I called out, "Meron ka bang kopya ng Lihim ni Antonio?"

"Wala."

"Ay sayang," I said.

We all went back to drinking and talking, laughing about the whole thing.

Minutes later, the pirate came back -- a copy of Ang Lihim ni Antonio in his hand.

We laughed again, and then I told the guy, "Lagot ka!" And pointing to Jay, I said, "Sya ang direktor nito!"

The guy was caught off guard.

Jay nevertheless bought the copy.

We all had a great Monday night.

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS