header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, July 26, 2020

entry arrow8:59 PM | 44

Today is Luis Katigbak’s birthday. Our friend died too young, so many more stories he could have written. I remember he was excited about putting together an anthology of pieces/stories that have much basis in fact but are really non-existent. Like a “review” of Ishmael Bernal's lost film Scotch on the Rocks to Forget, Black Coffee to Remember. He was too young. I’m 44 and that made me research who died at my age. Google gave me Mary Queen of Scots, Steve Irwin, Marvin Gaye, Billie Holiday, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Henry David Thoreau, Jackson Pollock, Robert Louis Stevenson, Anton Chekhov, Baruch Spinoza, Pieter Bruegel the Elder, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Francis Magalona, Maya Deren, Gregg Toland. A lot of writers and artists, legends in my age.

Labels: , , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS