header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, November 07, 2023

entry arrow11:55 PM | Protect Your Energy

My mantra for the past few days ever since Undas has been this: above all else, protect your energy. I found myself in a whirlpool of to-do’s and to-meet’s that absolutely threw my schedule [and my sense of balance] into a tailspin, and I knew going into Monday that I was hanging on from the knife’s edge. In the old days, I would have succumbed to paralysis and moped away in depression, but knowing how my brain works now afforded me new ways to get around the familiar darkness. I think it has worked, more or less. I had to say “no” to some things though, and rescheduled others for better days. [I love having the power now to say “no,” something I’m still training myself to do. Sometimes it’s easy to say no though. An organization just gave me an invite to do something of considerable responsibility for an upcoming event. I asked: “Is this a paid engagement?” The response: “We will give you a nice certificate.” I happily said no, hahaha.] Anyway. Protect your energy above all.

[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS