header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

entry arrow1:13 PM | John

Do you have a favorite book in the Bible? Mine is The Gospel of John, which contains of course the most quoted Bible verse of all time. But I also like that it begins with a powerful metaphor: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” As a writer, I like that God is likened to the very core of writing, which I often talk about in my own writing. If you’ve read my essay “The Words We Believe In,” published in Likhaan No. 15, I get into that very heavily.



Anyway, this book, which solely contains The Gospel of John, was a birthday gift last year from a former student, Micah Stefan Dagaerag, whose birthday is today. Thank you for the book, Micah! And happy birthday!

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS