header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

entry arrow7:04 PM | Umbrella

There are things that are never constant, and are often lost: socks, my sanity, umbrellas. I bought another umbrella today, on a day speckled with rain. I had given up finding the brown foldable one that had kept residence inside my bag for a couple of years now; but I still miss the black one I used to have, which was designed like a cane — I liked walking around with it, making tapping sounds on the ground with its tip. For some reason, that brought me tiny jolts of strange pleasure. So I bought a similar one today at the department store downtown, never mind that it’s not portable and also not easily put away in a bag. I will probably lose this umbrella again sometime soon. But what are things that are always lost? They remind me only that life is fleeting, nothing and no one is indispensable, but the music you make with umbrella tip on ground, that’s something to smile about.



Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS