header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Email: icasocot(at)gmail.com

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, September 13, 2026

entry arrow8:00 PM | After MIBF

I'm finally back in my hotel room away from the merry madness of MIBF. It was my first! And although I've been warned before that it could get very crowded and draining, I had to see for myself. And they were right! It was indeed draining but in a satisfying way. But my takeaway is actually an echo of what others have said before: if there were no readers of Philippine literature, who the heck were these people who thronged SMX every day since Wednesday? I hear one anomaly this year was the fact that Day 1 was already so very full of people unlike in previous years.



I had two books in this book fair: The Last Days of Magic from Anvil, and The Gentlest City Imagined from Vibal, for whom I represented at MIBF with its Manila launch. Thank you to my Vibal family for flying me in for MIBF! I'm very grateful.

Labels: , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich




GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS