header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

entry arrow1:28 AM | On Chris Abella

Ano ba? Another friend -- and another Christopher -- is in danger. Christopher Abella (we all know this guy as Chris or Kuya Chris or Paui or Papa Paui), father of two and husband of Mayen Foronda, is in the last stages of renal failure. He needs our prayers.



The last time I saw Chris, I was walking down Hibbard Avenue. He was riding his motorbike with Mayen. He looked cheerful.



"Hey, Ian!" he called out. "Guess what. I had a stroke!"



Just like that.



Aghast, I told him how could that be, he was too young.



"It's all the rich food in Why Not?, that's what I think," he said. And then after more casual chit-chat -- how can one have casual chit-chat about strokes? -- we parted.



Hang in there, Chris. Our prayers are with you.


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS