header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, October 14, 2004

entry arrow9:48 PM | Britney for Bush

If one had to believe in celebrity endorsers in choosing who will best lead America for the next four years, what would your choice be?





Bruce "I'm for Kerry" Springsteen?



Or





Britney "I'm a Slave for Bush" Spears?



If I were an American, I'd choose the endorsement by the one who gave us "Born in the U.S.A." over any by a brainless ho, any day. I mean, geez, she can't even stay married for 24 hours once. And now she's pretty sure about Bush?



There's really no getting around it. Stupid people love Bush.



[read the CNN article, and I mean, come on ... Kerry has won all three debates]



Perpectives to ponder, and both caught on tape. When the planes hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on 9/11, Kerry was in the Capitol, according to a report by the New York Times Magazine. From the article by Matt Bai:



"You know, my instinct was, Where's my gun?" Kerry told me. "How do you fight back? I wanted to do something." That evening, sitting at home, he called an aide and said he wanted to go to New York that very night to help the rescuers...


And we all know what Bush did the first time he heard the news. He sat for -- how long? seven minutes? -- in a kindergarten classroom, paralyzed, and continued to read a book called My Pet Goat.



I call that decisive leadership.



[read the New York Times Magazine article]


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS