header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Saturday, February 19, 2005

entry arrow9:22 AM | Big Words for Dummies

Resty Odon is wondering about writers and big words. And how he hates it when people use big words just to impress. I happen to agree, but I also think that all these considerations are largely... well, relative. (There goes a big word!) Take yesterday, for example. Some marmoset in my class complained I use big words she can't understand daw. Words like "delicatessen." Or "symbiotic." Or "introvert." Or "conformity." Or, the worst: "opinion."

Eh? Those are big words? You asinine, anserous imbecile! (The marmoset, not Resty.)


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS