header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Saturday, December 27, 2008

entry arrow8:37 PM | Then and Now



I took this photo of Philip the Busboy, mopping under the blue lights of Hayahay only last Monday night -- but this night already seems to come from some distant part of my life. Monday night clearly marked what is Then, and what is Now for me. And I find it surprising that I can be so calm these days -- much to the surprise of my faithless friends -- but I think I have been ready for this moment for some time now. Honestly, I can't wait to get to the new year. Razceljan keeps reminding me of what I once wrote in this blog: "The days to come will be beautiful." And I sincerely believe that still, if only because I believe in hope, despite everything.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS