header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

entry arrow11:02 PM | Music and Memories

I forgot how my soundtrack for 2009-2010 meant so much to me. Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor, and "Jump," the album's anthem for risk and dream-making. The Broadway cast recording of Spring Awakening. Late Night Alumni's Empty Streets, and its EDM-drenched sweet melancholy. Keane's Hopes and Fears and Under the Iron Sea, which got under my skin they almost felt like autobiography. These albums got me through so many emotional black holes, but they were also the soundtrack of many happy moments. I accidentally listened to "Empty Streets" a few hours ago -- and the rush of memories was almost unbearable. That surprised me. They cascaded in synesthetic euphoria, it felt like old shadows suddenly, briefly, coming back to life. For a moment there, I was back in 2009 and I was at the Boulevard searching for signs of dawn and looking at the horizon and looking at the horizon which was slowly turning from blackness to mauve, and my heart was in tatters -- but how I felt so alive then, so much alive the lights from the fading stars were dancing in my eyes.

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS