header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

entry arrow11:41 AM | Bleeding Heart



It took me years to finish “The Boys From Rizal Street. My first notes for it were assembled in 2001, if Im not mistaken. It took many heartbreaks, and many scratches of notes scattered here and there, to finally coalesce to a story, and several others, one summer in 2015. I had just quit being coordinator of the creative writing center after three years of doing a lot of literary stuff without doing any writing at all -- and I was angry and ready to burst. And for several afternoons in a now-defunct cafe called The Venue, I churned out the stories that would now become Don’t Tell Anyone. That’s me and my bleeding heart on those pages, and thank you for sharing the journey with me, Shakira Andrea Sison.

Labels: , , , , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS