header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, January 21, 2018

entry arrow2:43 AM | Garden



How many times have I watched Agnieszka Holland's superb adaptation of Frances Hodgson Burnett's children's classic The Secret Garden (1993)? Countless of times. This remains one of the enduring films of that magnificent film year, 1993, also the year I first entered college and earnestly deepened my film education. The film is still strong after all these years, its earnestness and easy metaphors totally earned. I'm finding new ways to appreciate it, this time around its redemption arc: not all heroes (or heroines) begin their stories likable. Sometimes their stories are about their eventual thawing to become every inch the agent of spring.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS