header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, August 16, 2020

entry arrow4:50 PM | In the Belly of the Whale



This is my current lockdown comfort, listening and watching Joseph Campbell in conversation with Bill Moyers about the power of myth, from their seven-part PBS special from 1988. The first episode has an interesting recounting of the hero and the three temptations [for Jesus, it is economic, political, and spiritual inflation, and for Buddha, it is lust, fear, and ego or capitulation to the opinion of others]. I can learn from this. Right now, I feel that I am in the belly of the beast, of the whale. The only recourse is to be swallowed, and then to reemerge.

Follow your bliss.

[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS