header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Saturday, May 08, 2021

entry arrow3:23 PM | To Be a Better Man

I’ve been working on my mental health more decisively of late, and crucial to it is counselling [really trying my best to book an appointment, which is haaaard] and four realizations from last week’s ruminations: [1] that I really need to get up each day, and get out of the house, even with insomniac nights, [2] that despite my anxieties, the world will not end [a piece of wisdom from the 1969 film A Boy Named Charlie Brown], [3] that if I take stock of things I’ve done now instead of worrying about what’s undone, I’d actually be happily surprised with what I’ve accomplished, and [4] that considering the first three, to always end each day in gratitude. One step at a time, baby.



Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS