header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, May 27, 2024

entry arrow7:00 PM | Awards

I was once up for a literary award years and years ago. A major one. After the deliberations, one of the judges messaged me to congratulate me for winning the grand prize. But the letter that came said I only won an honorable mention and there was no grand prize winner, but all of us cited for honorable mention would get to share the grand prize moolah. So I went to Manila [which meant, I spent for air fare and hotel]. During awarding day, turns out there was no moolah at all, just the honorific of the honorable mention. Kapoy na. I just let it go. But a year ago, I went to the awards website. Guess what? I’m listed as the grand prize winner.

[The whole Eva Darren/FAMAS controversy just reminded me of this, for some reason.]

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS