header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Friday, September 20, 2024

entry arrow4:11 PM | At the Therapist.



I finished therapy with my psychiatrist yesterday. She’s recommending new antidepressants. She reminded me: “Your meds is just a tool,” to which I said: “I’ve learned to accept they’re not magic pills, but they help.” She also reminded me: “You’re doing so much. Executive dysfunction happens when you’re overwhelmed. Try to do only the things you really are passionate about.” Which is also what I tell myself, constantly, and I’m still learning how to do this. We talked about mindfulness, we talked about expectations management. She’s giving me a new exercise to do, something about having a double when I do things. It intrigued me. “I love that you’re looking at all these like a child in wonder,” she told me finally. I took that as a compliment.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS