header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Email: icasocot(at)gmail.com

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Friday, October 09, 2026

entry arrow5:27 PM | Jeffrey Archer, 1940-2026



The books of Jeffrey Archer will always be special to me. I was very young, only in freshman high school, when I first discovered The Prodigal Daughter (1982), which I devoured because it was just very skillful prose that defined what we usually would call a "page-turner." I was only too happy to note that there were also other novels exploring the same characters, Kane and Abel (1979) and Shall We Tell the President? (1986). I adored Florentyna Kane. Later, I would soon discover Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less (1976), First Among Equals (1984), A Matter of Honour (1986), As the Crow Flies (1991), Honour Among Thieves (1993), The Fourth Estate (1996), and The Eleventh Commandment (1998) — but I admit I would grow out of the Archer prose style by the time I was graduating from college. But one will always treasure the books you came of age with. Rest in peace, Mr. Archer.

Labels: , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich




GO TO OLDER POSTS