header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, April 11, 2004

The Last Day



There will be no talk of Easter or Resurrection. I had no sleep the entire night last night -- all of the hours devoted to waking preparations for Monday's work. But I finished what I had set out to do by six o'clock in the morning (which was only a partial part of the entire to-do list -- darn!), and which made me painfully aware that I missed out on a date with my mom to see the sunrise by the beach around 5 -- darn! She texted me Happy Easter! And didn't mention a thing. I admire her passive-aggressiveness. Slept until noon, then Mark woke me with a call to remind me I had promised to go with him and his mom and sis and cousins to Cangmating beach in the afternoon. What's with people and Easter and beaches? I reluctantly went -- mindful of the mountains of work still left undone... but ended up enjoying quite a bit. Now it's dark, and I'm back home, and the long night looms with a hiss. Oh God.


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS