header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

entry arrow3:13 AM | Clean Slate

3:30 a.m. Just finished cleaning the pad. Needed to make a fresh, clean start. I've felt clutter in my life of late, and I needed cleansing, both physically and emotionally. Cleaning the pad has always been a worthy catalyst. Yesterday, I texted Mom: "Please pray. This is my week to finish unfinished things." (God has a peculiar way of always answering my Mom's prayers.) That takes care of the spiritual side of things. Why do I clean my pad at this time? I don't know. I've always been a night cleaner. I like the quiet. I like the fact that while I sweep my place clean, everyone else is asleep. It's like owning the world for a while. And the quiet gets me thinking, too. Cleaning has always been more than cleaning for me: it is a meditation.


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS