header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

entry arrow11:19 AM | Speling. Spilling. Speleng. Espeling. No, no, no. Spelling. There you go.




Steve Hendrix is a reporter for The Washington Post, and he can't spell.

Let's take one example: itinerary.

Iteneriary is one of the dozens of words that bring me to a complete standstill. I can be typing along at a brisk pace when my brain feeds a word like itenirary down to my flying fingers, and they freeze over the keyboard like mummified buzzard claws.

Itinerary. I-T ... E? ... I? Pretty sure it's I. N is easy. Another E? or is it A? ... R ... Two Rs? A? A-R-Y. Itinerrary.

I once spell-checked a 2,000-word article I had written for the Post's Travel section and found I had spelled itinerary four ways, none of them correctly.

Read the rest of the funny stuff here.

[via bookslut]


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS