header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, November 26, 2006

entry arrow1:32 PM | Where Was I in PEN This Year?

Grrrr.

The one thing I don't like about living far, far from Manila is the way it completely removes me from so many things I consider important. Like friends. Like bookstores. Like first-run movie theaters and good restaurants. Like being part of the cultural grind. Like getting things first-hand. Like being part of the PEN Conference this year, for example. I was supposed to be part of the panel on "Literature and the New Media" with Lito Zulueta, Dean Alfar, Khavn de la Cruz, Marjorie Evasco, Vim Nadera, Ambeth Ocampo, and Charlson Ong. But circumstances barring me from attending were just a little too overwhelming, compounded of course by the distance.

[My pretty boy poet Ned Parfan has some pictures...]

But I swear, this is going to be the last opportunity I will be passing up. From here on, I will be a little bit more discerning with things...

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS