header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, April 26, 2007

entry arrow9:43 PM | The Weight of the Short Days

I haven't blogged because I'm too stressed. I don't know what sleep means, and the days seem to short. I need a 30-hour day to finish what I need to finish. Thus, I'm stressed. From summer school teaching Philippine literature to a hundred students, from mediocrity-loving troglodytes who troll my blog and putting in inane comments, from coordinating the myriad details of next month's National Writers Workshop, from preparing my first trip out of the country in a decade, from shaping so many committee tasks being dumped on my lap. I had no idea I was so stressed out until this afternoon when -- after my endless barrage of text messaging to remind various people of this (and that) finally drained out my cellphone load -- I went to a local cellphone shop to buy load ... and still got "Check Operator Services" despite receiving notice of my new credits. The minutes went by, and still no load. Nobody in the store wanted to help, opting instead to offer half-hearted advise, or just looking away or looking down their lap hoping I'd disappear. Someone finally came to my aid when I complained, in a loud voice, "Is there no one here who can help me? At all?" I know, I know. So minor an incident, but it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Shaken so hard by this small hitch, I ran to M.'s place. I haven't seen him in almost a week, and I needed the only comfort I know.

Thanks, bubu.

On another note...



Nancy Drew is now a movie? Holy childhood reading fare!

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS