header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Friday, November 23, 2007

entry arrow8:25 PM | On Shortlists

I guess it's safe to say now -- given that some have already publicly declared the same announcement in their blogs -- that I've been shortlisted for the prose category of the 2nd Philippine Graphic/Fiction Awards, presented by Neil Gaiman and Fully Booked. (I didn't want to announce it before because I had done that last year, and somebody pounced on me in a series of surprising online flames.) We get to know the results this Sunday. Of course, the odds may be against me, given that I co-won last year's search -- but oh well, like what they say, being considered is honor enough. And indeed it is an honor, given the sheer number of entries to the contest. And getting to meet Neil Gaiman is something I'd take any day.

On the subject of shortlists, two of my dearest writer-friends have been nominated for the Madrigal-Gonzalez Best First Book Awards. Hurrah to Dean Francis Alfar for Salamanca and Rica Bolipata-Santos for Love, Desire, Children, etc. Congratulations, guys! These were two of my favorite books from last year -- equally devastating in their sheer genius. Other shortlisted works include Barefoot in Fire by Barbara-Ann Gamboa Lewis, From Inside the Berlin Wall by Helen Yap, and Kapwa: The Self in the Other by Katrin de Guia.

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS