header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, January 12, 2009

entry arrow5:31 PM | Mampas Memories

My friend, the fabulous Arlene Delloso-Uypitching, just uploaded our picnic pictures from Mampas in Facebook. These are five from the set.






This was from last November, a lifetime ago. The internationally-acclaimed visual artist Paul Pfeiffer was visiting Dumaguete, his hometown, and the evening was an impromptu dinner in his honor, with Quddus cooking, of course. My friends were also trying to cheer me up and coax me out of a positively catatonic state. (I was always sad, and was fat, and terribly hermetic those days. Guess why. They had already coined a term after me: "to do an Ian," which means to disappear from the face of the earth on account of ... things.)

From the top: (1) a huddle with me, Moses Joshua Atega, Arlene Delloso-Uypitching, Quddus Ronnie Padilla, and Justine Colburn, (2) a view of Arlene's house in Mampas, (3) an evening view of Dumaguete from the hills of Mampas, Valencia, (4) Quddus' al fresco dinner being readied, and(5) the whole bunch with Razceljan Salvarita, Paul Pfeiffer, Don Ramas-Uypitching, and John Colburn. Photographs by Razceljan Salvarita.

Labels: , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS