header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, June 15, 2009

entry arrow9:44 PM | Sagada Stills in a Floating World



By Marjorie Evasco



If with images If with words

I You

could catch

on photographic film on silk paper

a likeness

of You of me

in Sagada

I would have You would have

to sit a thousand years
with master of austere

Light Measure

Masferré Shikibu

To learn the process

of rendering of staining

Silence Sound



This remains one of my favorite poems by one of my favorite poets. I love the way the poem haunts me with its beautiful spaces, its echoes. [And yes, encoding all that html code for the spaces in between the texts was all so worth it...]

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS