header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, August 16, 2009

entry arrow10:30 PM | Winton Lou Ynion, 1981-2009



"I cried with Jaypee de Guzman somewhere in my past." He wrote that once, and it made me laugh. Winton Lou Ynion was a Palanca-winning writer, and a good friend, although we never met. Ours was a writerly friendship sustained through email, but no matter, his passing, at the age of 28, still comes as a shock to me. He was so young. His poetry and his passion will be missed.

This is a short poem he wrote years ago...

Bagyo

bagamat
mahirap
kang
mabighani
sa
pagdaan
mo’y
nabighani
ang
lahat

And yes, Win, you charmed us all.

Labels: , , ,


[1] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS