header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

entry arrow10:12 PM | This is Where You Cannot Hold Me

There is one thing being in America taught me. To speak. To speak my mind, to speak well and with confidence, to speak off the cuff and cut through the ordinary bullshit, to weigh my words and mean them. And then there is another thing. To have a sense of calculated apathy. To cease caring about the small, insignificant stuff other people make molehill-mountains of. I see that here, everywhere, a thousand tired people holding on to their little turf battles and snippy maneuverings, content with the smallness of their world and being very possessive with it. What unbearable air they breathe. They infect, of course. My daily prayers is always for a kind of immunity. It is a constant battle, but I carry on. That is how I still know I am alive.

Labels:


[2] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS