header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, October 06, 2013

entry arrow5:55 PM | Recalibration




This is me. 5:45 PM, Sunday, 6 October 2013, The Bean Connection.

This rainy day has been an introspective sort. I have to admit I have been of a mildly depressive funk the past few months — ever since 22 December 2012, actually. Since that time, I’ve felt like I’ve already done all I could to make my life beautiful and fulfilling, and there was nothing else before me except heartbreaks and disappointments. I have no idea why I thought that way: but it has been the subtle negative force behind my feelings of utter helplessness since the beginning of this year. It’s a feeling that I have done nothing worthwhile since then, although good friends have quickly pointed out to me that I’ve done so much more than I have given myself credit for. Today, I’m done with giving myself short shrift. I thought about it, and I’m done wallowing. I love life, I love discovering things and making adventures. I love helping people. I love the feeling of endless possibilities. I will learn to live again, and that starts now.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS