header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

entry arrow11:01 PM | Not a Vacation

I had a small accident last Saturday morning, which sprained my right ankle pretty badly, I was advised by the doctor to get some bed rest "and defy gravity." Dr. Yap, of course, was talking about my swollen foot. So there I was in bed, trapped in a cellular dead zone of an apartment without wifi, surrounded by bags of groceries my brother mercifully bought for me -- in pain, immobile, unconnected, unable to do work. This was not the vacation I was longing for. It got me thinking: what kind of a life am I leading that it had to take an accident to get me to rest? Things will have to change.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS