header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, November 02, 2014

entry arrow12:00 PM | Bipolar Dreams



It just came to me that I have two other dreams that keep recurring -- aside from the other two I always recollect with sharp details, which are the stuff of my constant nightmares. In these two other remembered dreams, I find a strange connection. One dream is all about me learning to swim through the air, which is basically a kind of flying. I'd wade with my arms through the corpuscles of air, and I'd move forward in complete and breathless freedom, with the sky as my everlasting pool. The other dream is of me suddenly losing control of the muscles of my legs. I'd be walking down some road, and suddenly, my legs give way, and I almost collapse. Then I force every inch of me to gather what else is left of my decaying strength to push forward towards where I am headed. One dream is my sleeping mind's reflection of control, and the other the loss of that control. My bipolar dreams.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS