header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Friday, January 15, 2016

entry arrow11:25 AM | Feeling Major Tom



At last, beginning to work today, and my instincts dictate that I first listen to "Space Oddity" -- for some reason my favourite David Bowie song. (I never really got to do the whole paroxysm of online tributes to Bowie earlier this week because I was all drugged up and dead to the world.) And so I sing: "I'm stepping through the door / And I'm floating in a most peculiar way / And the stars look very different today..." It all sounds very liberating, but it ends with the reminder that the song's Major Tom admits to "sitting in a tin can far above the world / Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do..."

Labels: , , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS