header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, April 01, 2018

entry arrow8:00 PM | End of the Long Negros Island OBT

And I finally did it! I'm back in Dumaguete. Four days, three major stops, 35 towns and cities, 763 kilometers, and twenty-four total hours of driving later, I've officially accomplished one major item in my bucket list: a #NegrosIslandOBT. Thanks to my fantastic companions, Xandro Dael a.k.a. Driver, and Felix Dela Peña Mosqueda III a.k.a. Caterer.



Everything starts with a whim, a small measure of guts, and the mindset of just heading out into the unknown. To appropriate the quote from the cross-country hiker in the documentary In Pursuit of Silence, "We can come up with reasons for doing anything, but only in doing it can we really understand it. [Our] intuition was that it was a good thing to do, that [doing this was] important to do in many ways and should be explored, not explained.



Labels: , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS