header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Friday, April 24, 2020

entry arrow9:05 AM | The Film Meme x 100: An Introduction



I've been avoiding this meme for so long, despite being tagged by quite a few people. But I was recently challenged by Joop Miranda to post just an image -- supposedly no posters, no title, no explanation -- from 10 movies that had an impact on me. So fine, I'm finally succumbing to this meme. But I'll do this in an extra way: I'll do 100 films which I find to be [personally] perfect, not necessarily canonically great or technically magnificent, just cinema I could return to once and again; and while I will not be putting in a poster or a title, I will nevertheless put in a short explanation, because I don't understand any enterprise that speak of impact without at least a tiny consideration of that impact -- else it's just a bunch of images signifying muteness or nothing. All in alphabetical order, and excluding documentaries. [This is why I am such a meme killer.] This is going to be an effort -- but it will be a good exercise for me to distill my sense of cinema, and also a way to answer the eternal question, "What's your favorite movie?"

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS