header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, June 16, 2024

entry arrow10:00 PM | Bacolod Roundup



June 14, Friday. At the Gawad Tolentino of the Tolentine Star, the official publication of the University of Negros Occidental-Recoletos in Bacolod. My speech was titled “The Writer at Dusk,” to follow their theme of “Nocturnal.”





June 15, Saturday. It was my first time to be at The Negros Museum in Bacolod City, and it was an honor that they hosted my talk on writing a literary historiography of Negros. [The new Negros Island Region being proclaimed official suddenly makes the project worthwhile.] The whole talk lasted until 4 PM, with a great and long Q and A at the end. I always thought doing this project was such a lonely effort, but today I found kindred spirits. Thank you, Tanya P. Lopez, for making this happen!



Later, at the studio of Bacolod-based Dumaguete artist Kristoffer Ardeña. We had a great time catching up over coffee after this studio visit.



Later, at Italia in Paseo Verde for dinner with the Elsie Coscolluela. I know she rarely goes out these days, so I’m truly honored that I had dinner tonight with her! I discovered the short stories and poetry and plays of Ma’am Elsie in college, and I’ve been a fan since then — and delighted over the fact that this Palanca Hall of Famer is from Dumaguete and is a Sillimanian, although home for her now is Bacolod. It was my honor to play a version of her father in her iconic play In My Father's House when it was finally staged in Dumaguete in 2013. I love this night. Kulang ang three hours with all the talk we did! Thank you, Rayboy Pandan and Sally Pandan, for making this dinner happen!



June 15, Saturday. I didn’t plan to do this but I had some time to kill in Bacolod so I visited the Orange Project.





Later, at the welcome dinner of the 24th IYAS La Salle National Writers Workshop at Raymundo's Diner in Talisay City.

Labels: , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS