header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, June 06, 2005

entry arrow4:30 PM | Burgis Ko. Ikaw Pud?

This week, I can't wait to get my hands of my copy of Mariel N. Francisco and Fe Maria C. Arriola's prize-winning The History of the Burgis, courtesy of dearest Teng who bought it for me, and is sending it in a day or so. (I tried ordering the book online in Libros Filipinos, but ang hass-el talaga pare.)



Why am I so interested? Let's face it, I'm burgis, you're burgis, most people in my circle are burgis, whether we like it or not. (Kung ayaw mo ng Pilipino, bourgeoisie na lang.) Might as well own up to it and see the roots of our class, our kind. (It's also research for my novel about the surfaces of class...)

Labels: , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS