header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, November 28, 2005

entry arrow12:49 AM | Pinoy la Vie en Rose

Astig! This digital film by Aureus Solito ...



... has just been accepted to premiere in the U.S. via the prestigious Sundance Film Festival, the first Filipino feature film to do so. (Ramona Diaz's Imelda was part of the program in last year's festival, but it is a documentary film, which subsequently won for Best Cinematography.) I have yet to see Solito's film -- although I cannot imagine it reaching as far as Dumaguete -- but all I've heard of this film has been mostly raves. Except when I read some magazines and newspapers like yesterday's Philippine Daily Inquirer (which had a feature on its young male star), and I find the boy's Born Again parents so gung-ho about their pious religiosity and their haphazard distancing from the movie's gay theme. Being of Born Again background, I know how this cha-cha works. Oh well, I just roll my eyes, and in mIRC chatspeak, I'd just love to slap their faces with a large trout.

On a related note, I'm still trying to realize a directorial dream of putting out Solito's play Esprit de Corps. I'm not sure I'm brave enough though.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS