header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, February 12, 2007

entry arrow9:12 AM | Torrent Crazy

I am going nuts with Bit Torrent these days, my computer has not been shut down for days. See, I've been downloading movies like crazy, and it can take forever to download. Still, the results are simply astounding. You get to watch all the movies you've been dreaming of seeing, but can't seem to find in your local video store. (That's the reason why we pirate, my dear MPAA.) I've been watching a lot of Woody Allen films, a lot of classics, and finally a lot of Ingmar Bergman. You can't imagine that cineaste that I am, I haven't seen a single Bergman movie -- until last week, when I stumbled on this treasure trove.

There's GayTorrent (thanks, Aldwyn and Daz!), if you need that (currently downloading The Boys in the Band, the Boys Brief series, Man of the Year, To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar, Yossi and Jagger, The Broken Hearts Club, and others). And then there's OscarTorrent, where you can get all the Oscar-nominated movies for this year's film derby (I've seen most of everything, but I'm currently downloading The Devil Wears Prada, Jesus Camp, Letters From Iwo Jima, Pan's Labyrinth, Water, Lives of Others, The Prestige, Half Nelson, and others). Treasure trove, I tell you. Now let me plan on getting meself a DVD burner...

And yet, still no Splash anywhere. Strange one, that.

[some links via oscarwatch]

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS