header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, February 08, 2007

entry arrow1:04 AM | 10 Men That Go Owww...

[inspired by bulletproof vest]

This is the gayest thing I've ever done in this blog. But who cares. I'm also doing this on a dare. And like what BV said, it's fun.

10. Patrick Wilson
actor



The first time he enters the frame in Mike Nichols' adaptation of Tony Kushner's Angels in America, you will want to convert to Mormonism forever. If a missionary like him does appear in your doorstep.

9. Ian Lawless
model



Most of us only got the PG version of his Lacoste commercial, and so there were only hints of what he had to, umm, offer. (Find the uncensored version here.) But he made nudity look like a wholesome thing, you just want to hug the man. (Yes, it's that smile in the end that does you in. Bastard.)

8. Sacha Baron Cohen
actor/comedian



He is odious as Borat, or Ali G. But when he does appear as himself, he is strangely composed, and gentlemanly. And his villainous French race car driver in Talladega Nights was inexplicably sexy. Must have been the accent.

7. Barack Obama
U.S. senator



He's the black JFK, embodying a fine balance of charisma, intellect, and a wise handle of issues. So he's not that experienced in politics. I'd still vote for him any day of the week.

6. Tom Ford
fashion designer



The eyes! The eyes! And the fabulous cut on those clothes! Even with all that fashionista air, he exudes a musky machismo that overwhelms.

5. Reynaldo Gianecchini
model



This guy is said to be the most beautiful man in the face of the earth. I wholeheartedly agree. I mean, wouldn't you?

4. Joseph Cooper Ramo
Time Magazine senior editor



That intense look. Those intelligent articles. It's impossible not to like the man. He makes brainy sound pervertedly sexual.

3. Jonathan Bennett
actor



I hate Lindsay Lohan. But I completely empathize with her character in Mean Girls. I mean, I'd fail math, too, to get the guy.

2. Jude Law
actor



He has an odd look that is at once mesmerizing and dangerous. And he simply smolders, right from the very beginning when we first noticed him coming up from the surf in The Talented Mr. Ripley. Venus would be jealous.

1. Joel Stein
columnist/pop culture commentator



What can I say? He's got that puppy look that blends well with his nerdy, but I'm-cooler-than-you persona. Plus, I'm always a sucker for writers.

And maybe also... Ethan Hawke.



Because he was in Reality Bites and Before Sunset, two wise movies that mirrored my own realities and delusions. And he wrote two novels, which I liked.

Where are the Filipinos? I don't know. There sure are a lot of eye-candies around, but nobody to really go "oowww" for. Oh, wait, there's Jun Lana. And Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala and Raffy Ruiz and Ronnie Salvacion, too. And that ABS-CBN reporter from Baguio or somewhere. (UPDATE: Si Cris Zuniga! See him do his report here.) And that's really it.

Next up: women, just to explore my heterosexual side.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS