header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, February 08, 2007

entry arrow2:18 AM | Free Movies!

I have just discovered ... Bit Torrent. Well, not really discovered, because I had it before, but didn't exactly know how to use it. So I erased the program from my computer. Last week, I was looking for ways to get hold of Ron Howards' Splash, the mermaid movie with Tom Hanks and Daryll Hannah. Mark's been on a mermaid addiction lately, and so we'd constantly hunt down every pirate stall and every video outlet in the city to find a copy. Nothing. We tried YouTube and Limewire. Still nothing. Finally, I tried Bit Torrent once more.

Still nothing.

But what did I find instead? Fritz Lang's M. Ingmar Bergman's Persona, Silence, and The Seventh Seal. Michaelangelo Antonioni's L'Avventura. Luis Bunuel's Un Chien Andalou. Woody Allen's Husbands and Wives, Interiors, and Zelig. Robert Altman's Short Cuts. Francois Truffaut's Jules et Jim. Francis Ford Coppola's The Conversation. It was like being a kid let loose in a candy store.

There should be more movies out there, but I'm limiting myself to these classics for now.

It does take a while to download a movie, but I just leave them to slowly trickle in while I surf the Internet or watch TV. And suddenly, you have all these masters in your hard disk. I love Internet technology.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS