header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

entry arrow11:48 AM | "I Personally Believe..."

This was the talk of the town a few days back, but I never blogged about Miss Teen South Carolina's rambling, incoherent answer in Miss Teen USA 2007 because it was just so funny and so sad at the same time that I felt no amount of snarky comments and blogging frenzy would ever top what actually happened. I actually felt for the girl, because really, not all of us are gifted with grace under pressure. The thing was, she knew the entire world was watching her, and perhaps expecting a "world peace" question, she never saw geography coming -- and melted right before our eyes. (Kinda like Britney Spears' burnt-out so-called comeback in the recent VMAs.) Don't know what I'm talking about? Here's the enlightening clip...



And now, here are two parody videos from Quiet Library that made this blog post possible...





They're precious. What's worse, one user in YouTube actually commented, with such earnestness, on the second video: "It is fake look the people in the back ground arent even moving..." [sic]. My answer: Parody, my dear Watson. Can you spell p-a-r-o-d-y?

[via las tres estrellas]

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS