header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Saturday, February 23, 2008

entry arrow11:09 PM | Tonight

Just got back home after watching Bart Guingona and Pinky Amador in Love Letters. I still can't figure out how a play where two characters sit behind tables reading letters to each other can have an epic feel -- and can become so thoroughly moving without seemingly trying. When Bart's character gave that paean to letter-writing near the end of Act 1, I knew the play got me. But the end ... wow, it had the whole Luce Auditorium audience bawling. God, I needed that play, if only to remind me what it feels like to be alive. This has been a most trying a week -- quite a sad one actually, but a sadness that feels unreal, unsettled. I remember being in the classroom last Friday. While my students were doing a freewriting activity, I found myself staring out into space, out to the blank blue beyond the fourth floor window, and everything just had an unnameable aura of bleakness. Tonight, I know everything's going to be all right.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS