header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, April 10, 2008

entry arrow10:00 AM | Morning Ritual

I like it when I see even the slightest of him, and he does not know I watch: the secret surging thrill goes well with my morning coffee, want thick as marmalade. It comes to me, day after day of piecing glimpses of his face, that such things become the rite with which we recognize need—learned gestures and duties to answer a confounded heart. Sometimes I tell myself this is all I need: Distance breeding desire that knows no home. For all that, I find how the light that gets lost in the black swirls of my emptying cup accuses me of unbridging that which must connect, eye to eye, hand to hand, lips on brow and then lowering to that which must be consumed.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS