header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

entry arrow2:09 AM | Postcard From the Writing Trenches

I apologize if I can't talk, text, or email back. I've cocooned myself to do some heavy-duty writing. It is past two in the morning, and I'm very much loaded with caffeine. I'm trying to finish and polish my novel Sugar Land in time for the August 1 deadline set by Man Asian. But this realization suddenly strikes me: if I don't make it to the short list, at least I know I tried. And still the best thing would be: I will actually have a novel to my name. That's definitely something. Because how many of us still go around saying, "Someday, I'm going to write a novel," yet never really get around to it? That someday, alas, has come for me. And while I will not be sleeping in the next few days, I feel strangely happy.

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS