header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

entry arrow3:10 PM | Weary

Outside, the light has turned gently -- and I can feel the afternoon ebbing away to one more night time. The clock ticks hard, and there are too many distractions, too many dramas, and too many small heartaches that try to compete for my attention. The heartaches are particularly wrenching, and no matter how much I ask, Why?, only the void answers back. The dramas I don't need. You know who you are. Deep inside, I want to shout, but I have no time for impatience, and so I just take a deep breath and try one more time... And there's only one day left. It's becoming quite an uphill climb, but I realize I will not let all this faze me. These are the hours you soon realize you just have to keep on trying, or everything else will overwhelm you.

In the meantime, you can read Charles Tan's interview of me here, in time for the Fully Booked/Neil Gaiman contest.

Later...

You know what's funny about characters you write about? They live, and can become quite demanding. You first imagine them as orphans, perhaps. And then, later, in the midst of your flow, they demand the resurrection of dead parents. And you go back, of course, to revise, and revise...

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS