header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, November 06, 2008

entry arrow3:03 PM | Phoneless

I lost my cellphone. It was in my hands one minute, and the next minute it simply vanished. I have no idea where it is.

I tried to retrace my steps. I was in the classroom waiting for my new students to finish filling out their information sheets... Then I went to the office right after to settle matters of grades... Then I talked to my department chair... Those are the only sure things I get about my day yesterday, but the individual details have been lost to an exquisitely thick fog. My brain was foggy yesterday. And I lost my phone.

And why was my head foggy? It took me almost a day to figure out for sure, and it came to this: America was voting a historic moment, and of course you'll get a foggy head from almost 48 hours of non-stop television viewing, a stretch of eternity hopping around CNN (to get my facts straight, with smart middle-of-the-road punditry to make sense of things), FoxNews (to feel enraged by the unapologetic right-wing tone of everything), and BBC (to relax, while still getting the news I needed).

I don't know when I'll be able to get a new cellphone. It amazes me though that I don't seem to care.

And yes, my head is still foggy.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS